MetroTrees Environmental Commitment Statement
MetroTrees understands it’s responsibilities in regards to environmental management. We commit to take all reasonable and practicable measures to prevent or minimise any harm to the environment.
To ensure environmentally responsible behaviour is accepted as an integral part of our business, we specifically undertake to:
1. establish an Environmental Management System in order to help systematically reduce our impacts on the environment
through the process of policy, planning, implementation, checking and review.
2. prevent pollution occurring from our activities and operations.
3. conduct operations in compliance with relevant local environmental regulations, licenses and legislation.
4. communicate this policy to our employees, customers and the wider community
5. educate our employees and contractors on their environmental responsibilities and ensure this is integrated into their work
practices, training and decision making.
6. continuously improve the environmental performance of our company.
MetroTrees is a production nursery situated in inner Melbourne, and as such, our environmental performance is closely scrutinised. Following are some of the environmentally positive activities currently employed at MetroTrees:
1. recycling and treatment of nursery runoff.
2. capture, storage and usage of a substantial volume of rainwater.
3. recycling of plastic pots.
4. separation of waste materials for recycling.
5. efficient irrigation system to minimise water usage.
6. implementation of an IPM system to minimise pesticide use.